Ok - so I'm very behind in blogging. Way to keep up my new hobby. To all of you avid readers and zero followers out there, haha, I was actually busy hosting a friend and traveling over the past two weeks. So please bear with me, because I have a lot to catch up and update everyone on.
First, let me start off with my childhood friend Kathy who came to visit me last week. Kathy and I bonded 20 years ago (wow) on the playground when I kindly asked her to shove my toushie on the swing set. Since then, we basically grew up in suburban Jersey together, and went thru many ups and downs. We lit our chemistry papers on fire, competed against each other in orchestra competitions, chatted endlessly about nothing over the phone, played pranks on people we didn't like, and did all sorts of crazy things together. Twenty-years later, Kathy is still one of my closest friends, and I'm glad we had a chance to experience life in Beijing together. Here are some pics to start off with:
Hong shao neu rou mian (beef noodle soup!)
When we came home, we found my doorman passed out on the couch. I guess he had a late night.
Since Kathy got in late, it was pretty much a low key night. After all, we had to run around the city and sightsee over the next couple of days! Here was the itinerary I planned for her:
Day 1 - Forbidden City, Tiannamen Square, Temple of Heaven, Houhai
Day 2 - Great Wall, Ming Tombs, Peking duck dinner at Da Dong
Day 3 - Summer Palace, Kung Fu show
Day 4 - Shopping & the Paralympics Wheelchair Basketball game
More pics to come!
1 comment:
there's a din tai fung in LA. i prefer joe shanghai. though you prob get even better. haha.
Post a Comment